Asphalt/Aggregate QC Technician Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
St. George, UT 84790, US
- Safely and efficiently collect samples for testing.
- Set-up, operate and maintain nuclear density gauges for asphalt and soils compaction.
- Have a working knowledge of state DOT and governing agency job specifications.
- Ability to perform project test procedures relative to individual levels of certification in testing construction materials.
- Perform sampling, testing and reporting procedures according to established protocol, having the ability to test construction material samples and recording test results in a timely and accurate manner.
- Promptly report non-compliant tests to project superintendent when applicable.
- Maintain daily record of test results, prepare daily reports and submit results to project lead technician or main lab supervisor.
- Perform asphalt coring operations for density and investigation as necessary.
- Perform daily housekeeping operations and maintain a clean lab environment.
- Properly follow all company policies and MSHA & OSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environmental best practices. Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Perform job tasks in accordance with industry best practices and requirements of the equipment (lifting, carrying, sitting, walking, and climbing).
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- One to two years prior QC experience preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute, rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instruction.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
- May be subject to drug testing, medical exams and physical agilities testing.
- WAQTC Certification is preferred
- CAPA Level A & B certification.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must have ability to back light trailers.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Western Rock Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.