Asphalt Construction Summer Internship (May 2024 - Aug 2024) (Waco) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Waco, TX 76706, US
Laborers and Production Workers
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Safety – participation in daily safety discussions and tool box meetings
- Estimating, pricing and bidding work
- Contract administration – subcontract and material contract management
- Document control
- Trend tracking – tracking of quantities, costs and progress curves
- Purchasing, expediting and coordination of materials
- Equipment and material management
- Material takeoffs and material receipt inspections
- Quantity tracking
- Quality control and quality assurance
- Scheduling and work plan development - coordination between plant and construction activities
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
- Must be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
- Must be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
- Candidates must possess a strong work ethic
- Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done
- Strong organizational skills and time management
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of computers
- Be able to effectively carry out assigned duties in varying work environments and in different terrain (including various weather conditions)
- Flexible with work locations – must be able to travel/relocate for the work term
- Personal transportation required
- Students must be working towards a construction management or engineering degree. Must be available to work full time during the summer semester.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Texas Materials, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.