Distribution Manager - Los Angeles, CA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Los Angeles, CA 90022, US
As the Distribution Manager, this position will be responsible for overseeing and managing all transportation matters for Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope, Los Angeles. This position will be responsible for regulatory compliance, monitoring transportation costs, management of transportation relationships and providing continuous improvement in the efficiency of the freight aspect of the business.
• Ensure vehicle and equipment fleet are operating safely, effective and economically
• Responsible for daily logistical planning for all delivery locations
• Ensure drivers are responding to the daily customer service requirements and are operating within established guidelines
• Review and research with new and existing transportation vendors; programs to reduce, replace and improve upon transportation costs
• Resolve service failure issues
• Manage the company’s leased vehicles, tractors, trailers, etc.
• Implement transportation-related company policy and programs and keep current on government rules and regulations, reporting when necessary to upper management
• Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.
• Managing the process of complete background checks and maintaining their driver qualification files
• Ensure drivers hours are within DOT regulations
• Coordinate with Leasing Company to ensure vehicles are maintained in proper working order
• Forward Thinking. LA’s ideal distribution/ logistics manager, would have the ability to make accurate predictions of the possible needs of the company, as well as outcomes of actions made. ... Always thinking and planning ahead
• Ability to see the big picture
• Adaptability…able to quickly respond to changing trends, innovation, destabilization, industry shifts, and so forth. ... This ability to adjust or shift with these changes
• Calm under pressure
• Effective problem-solving skills
• Continually seeking improvement
• Proficient in project management
• Able to manage and lead the fleet and shipping department (includes distribution supervisor, all drivers and shipping personnel)
• Minimum two-year degree or equivalent in experience, training or education.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in related field or position preferably with experience in transportation software systems
• Strong negotiating skills, analytical and problem-solving ability
• Ability to plan and achieve long-term goals
• Strong leadership, communication, organization and computer skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Previous dispatch experience
• CDL – B
• Knowledge of Teamsters Union a plus
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an E-Verify Employer.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.