Environmental Manager - Seattle, WA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Seattle, WA 98134, US
Environmental, Health, & Safety
- Participates in projects involving environmental issues including contact with regulatory agencies, and accompanies inspectors during inspections.
- Ensures compliance with all environmental permits and all applicable federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations.
- Assists regulatory agencies by providing information and assistance as required.
Completes, administers and/or assists in preparation of the following as required:
- Air quality reports including immediate excursion reports
- Air emission inventories including HAPs
- Air pollution permit renewals
- Periodic air emission summary reports including excess emissions, CEM availability and COM excursions
- Coordinates and supervises stack testing activities and reviews/approves all stack testing reports
- Discharge monitoring reports and/or other water pollution reports, where applicable
- Sanitary waste monitoring reports
- Water consumption reports
- NPDES or SPDES permit renewals
- Solid waste management reports including plant waste and CKD
- Waste minimization reports
- Compliance with PCMACT regulations – reporting malfunctions
- Various surveys and questionnaires from internal and external sources
- Perform audits of data acquisition system and maintain/administer changes as needed
- Works in concert with Waste Fuels Manager to provide daily coverage of essential daily functions.
- In cooperation with corporate environmental personnel, contracts with training consultants when needed and purchases training media in a cost-effective manner.
- Coordinates all training efforts and goals with the Waste Fuels Manager and Manager of Environmental Affairs.
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to plan
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to use a computer and Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local safety and environmental laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of environmental programs, policies and practices applicable to a cement manufacturing environment.
- 5 or more years of experience in environmental field preferred
- 5 or more years of experience in cement, mining, or related industry preferred
- 5 or more years of experience in working with regulatory agencies preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in environmental resource management or related field
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.