General Laborer - Day and Night Shift Available - Los Angeles, CA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Los Angeles, CA 90022, US
Laborers and Production Workers
- On/off-loading of the product from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for eight or more hours, daily.
- The "team concept" instituted for plant facility production workers requires each worker to perform different functions on a rotating basis. Therefore, all shop functions required by supervisors are considered essential functions for the job.
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.
- To be considered for a general production laborer position, the following conditions must be met:
- Perform work as assigned by supervisor
- Read, understand, and communicate
- Complete paperwork
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages
- Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements and effectively use a tape measure
- Notify lead person or supervisor of any mechanical or material issues
- Maintain a safe and clean work area
- All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production
- Dolly, crane, pallet jack, glass cups, glass sheet pull tool, tape measure, pliers, glass cutter, and other various tools
- Hazards - Exposure to chemicals/fumes, pinch points, exposure to excessive noise, strain/sprain, laceration/puncture, particulate exposure, contusion, operation of foot controls, slipping, burns, shock, loss of limbs, elevated temperatures during summer months.
- Controls - Personal protective equipment, safety training, written procedures
- Safety Equipment - Safety glasses, steel toe shoes with metatarsal guards, cut resistant gloves with liners, cut resistant outerwear, hard hat, and hearing protection
- Work performed inside a production environment.
- Noise levels in the work environment can be moderate to high.
- The plant facility is subject to the same climate conditions of the region (heat, cold, humidity, etc.).
- Chemicals, dust, pollen, and other typical airborne particulate matter are present within the atmosphere of the production floor and may create some odors in the plant. The Company, in an effort to provide its employees with a safe and healthy working environment, limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls and PPE.
- While some chemicals may pose health risks if not properly used, employees are trained on the proper safety equipment and procedures for handling chemicals.
- While the chemical exposure and odors are under acceptable levels set by OSHA and the WCB, they nevertheless, can be smelled and are handled according to the company’s hazardous communication program.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.