Glass Production - Fabrication - Battle Ground, WA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Battle Ground, WA 98604, US
Forklift, Equipment and Machine Operators
- Responsible for operation of the polishing machines. Must produce a finished product which is within tolerance of edge profile, clarity, and overall glass size.
- Must have ability to set up machine(s) for various edges and edge combinations.
- Must know and understand routine and preventive maintenance methods.
- The "team concept" instituted for shop floor production workers requires each worker to perform different functions on a rotating basis
- Communicating with Supervisors and work with maintenance to oversee preventative maintenance and repairs
- Ensuring all safety procedures are followed
- Able to work a flexible starting schedule and/or overtime
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to work independently and with little direct supervision.
- Aptitude to learn and understand machine set-up and maintenance for several edging machines and willingness to cross-train in other areas is required
- Muscular, cardiovascular and upper/lower body manipulation is used to move the glass/object through the glass fabrication process (bending, twisting, and reaching).
- Gripping, cupping, clamping hand and wrist motions are required to support, carry, and maneuver glass/objects to platform heights of three feet in a manner considered safe for self and others
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 75 lbs. unassisted and 150 lbs. with a partner many times in a regular work shift
- Ability to wear required safety equipment, including safety boots with metatarsal guards and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
- Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an E-Verify Employer.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.