Maintenance Mechanic - Seattle, WA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Seattle, WA 98134, US
- Performs rebuilds, repairs, removal and install on the following but not limited to: gear boxes, pneumatic cylinders, air slides, valves, compressors, screw conveyers, hydraulic equipment, raw mill, finish mill, kiln, etc.
- Performs welding, fabrication, layout, pipe fitting and plumbing.
- Installation & alignment of critical equipment for reliable operation.
- Documentation and paperwork regarding repairs and follow up on equipment deficiencies to be entered into CMS.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Knowledge of mechanical procedures and techniques, including (but not limited to) rigging, machinery alignment, bearing and seal replacement, lubrication, and reconditioning of parts for overhaul or preventative maintenance purposes
- Skilled in welding and fabrication.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings and diagrams for mechanical maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform arithmetic which may include algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instructional and maintenance manuals
- Communication and problem solving skills
- Associates degree, or equivalent, in technical area of mechanical repair & maintenance
- Two years maintenance/mechanical work experience in a similar industrial environment.
- Knowledge of maintenance machine shop and millwright procedures and techniques
- Experience in a similarly configured cement production facility
- Documented training in relevant equipment, a partial list includes: Pneumatic pumps, compressors, gearboxes, machinery installation &/or alignment, proper rigging techniques, etc
- Experience with various mobile equipment. Operation of: man lifts, forklifts, cranes, skid steers, etc
- Work requires walking, climbing ladders and stairs, bending, pushing, pulling, working in awkward positions, and lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Ability to work at heights up to 175 feet
- Job hazards include frequent exposure to dust, noise, extreme heat, cold, and all weather conditions
This position is available on 5 different shifts including days, nights, and weekends.
- Mon-Thurs: 5am to 3:30pm
- Tues-Fri: 5am to 3:30pm
- Fri-Mon: 6am to 6pm
- Mon-Thurs: 6pm to 6am
- Fri-Mon: 6pm to 6am
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.