Maintenance Supervisor - Portland, OR Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Portland, OR 97203, US
- Provides technical assistance as needed, to include the safe use of tools and equipment, training new and current employees on proper procedures, techniques and safety precautions.
- Schedules and coordinates preventive/predictive maintenance and mechanical repair daily activities, installation of new equipment, improvements, and other maintenance projects
- Inspect job sites prior to beginning maintenance projects to identify hazards and ensure a safe work environment
- Operates computerized preventive maintenance and repair system to prepare work orders,document work activities, backlog, and maintain all necessary records for plant and mobile equipment.
- Assess and give performance feedback to maintenance crew and maintains records of attendance and paid time off.
- Analyzes and writes job procedures for new jobs and modifies procedures for existing jobs
- Estimates time and parts required to complete projects and repairs. Collaborates with Purchasing Agent prior to starting a project to see if required supplies are in stock or needs to be ordered. Assists as needed in contacting vendors and obtaining contractors regarding maintenance needs
- Conducts safety meetings and inspections on a regular basis to ensure compliance with safety requirements. Participates in plant safety meetings
- Coordinate and supervise the work of contractors as required for specified maintenance activities
- Assists as needed in preparing budget for capital expenditures planned for maintenance projects and repairs
- Participates in the monthly conference calls with MEP
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Quickly troubleshoots and resolves problems Technical knowledge of maintenance and repair required for plant equipment and structures (Preferred)
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills Supervisory and communication skills needed (Preferred)
- Project Demonstrated project management skills Decision-making, planning, organization, and problem solving (Preferred)
- Ability to operate a personal computer
- Ability to read and understand equipment manuals, mechanical drawings and blueprints
- Aptitude for learning new computer software
- Knowledge of all equipment and machinery used in the plant and how each of them functions (Preferred)
- Knowledge of government regulations such as EPA regulations and MSHA as they apply to maintenance projects and repair activities (Preferred)
- Working knowledge of steel specifications, welding, conveyors, AC/DC motors, fans, hydraulic systems, fabrication, cutting torch basics, soldering, lubricants, carpentry, millwright work, mechanics, plumbing, electrical distribution systems, machine shop equipment and procedures, painting, torques wrenches, etc (Preferred)
- 3 years of experience in maintenance experience in a similar position in a related industry
- H.S. Diploma / GED
- Associate's Degree Two years of college or technical school in a related field preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience (Preferred)
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.