Production Manager - Canby, OR Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Canby, OR 97013, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and redirecting work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Drives improvements in productivity, cost reduction, plant output, capacity and waste while continuing to deliver quality products complete and on-time to the customer.
- Encourages, manages, and leads maximum production flow, while ensuring safety and quality.
- Enforce safety rules and ensure work areas are maintained in a clean and orderly condition.
- Allocate personnel and equipment to various areas to accomplish scheduled jobs and to maintain production efficiencies.
- At least 3 years in plant or operations management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or a related field, or 5 years of progressive manufacturing experience required.
- Previous plastic injection molding or CNC machining experience desired
- Must have experience with Lean principles, KPIs, dashboards, etc. in a manufacturing and production environment.
- Experience with safety compliance.
- Experience with ISO compliant quality management systems
- Ability to read shop drawings
- AX and Solid Works a plus
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, planning and time-management skills
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and at multi-task functions
- Proven ability at supervising work for a team of individuals with differing skill levels to enable the team to achieve desired performance and quality standards
- Ability to work in a factory environment and to perform manual labor
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Referring to state and federal regulations and Company policies, the incumbent is expected to make basic day-to-day decisions and act as needed.
- Works under direct supervision.
- Lifting no more than 40 lbs.
- Intermittent bending, lifting, stooping, reaching, walking, and squatting.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Average visual acuity necessary to prepare, inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Frequent reading/close-up vision required.
- The typical noise level for this position is loud due to heavy machinery.
- Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.