Ready Mix Quality Control - IMC Pocatello Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Pocatello, ID 83202, US
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Will test concrete and aggregate products for quality and conformance to specifications
- Must have some basic materials understanding for rock, sand, cement, flyash and chemical admixtures
- Basic material record keeping
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction
- Ability to communicate effectively with dispatch, batch plant operations, drivers and QC personnel
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, swings, weekends and holidays if needed
- Must have the ability to make decisions quickly and effectively
- Must pass the MSHA Safety course
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- One to two years prior QC experience preferred
- ACI Level 1 Certification Helpful
- ACI Strength Testing Technician Helpful
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute, rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instruction.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
- May be subject to drug testing, medical exams and physical agilities testing.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- CDL not required but helpful
- Must have clean driving record
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Idaho Materials & Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.