Senior Performance Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Draper, UT 84020, US
An effective Senior Performance Analyst will support our division leadership in the defining and achieving of performance goals via the discovery, assemblage, transformation, visualization, and interpretation of actionable data.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
• Collaborates with business leaders and IT to transform requests into visible proofs of concept
• Collects and transforms raw data into cohesive narratives with a call to action
• Contributes to IT efforts in maintaining data integrity and security
• Carefully maps solution steps as to ensure report agreement
• Develops compelling and accurate visualizations summarizing results of analyses
• Generates and communicates actionable insights from visualized data
• Shares insights on process improvements or gaps in reporting
• Automates simple data tasks via integration tools and/or writing custom programs
• Continues to seek out opportunities for professional learning and certification
• Mentors coworkers on best-in-class analytics practices and strategies
• Performs other duties as assigned by Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in analytics, computer science, or another STEM field
• At least 4 years of experience as an analyst or RDBMS administrator
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Cognizant of applications for derivatives, integrals, limits, and linear functions
• Applies basic probability theory and distributions to gauge likely causes and effects
• Leverages fundamental statistics to ascertain confidence in models
• Maps complex business processes to comprehensive and programable rules
• Tracks the parts, rules, and interactions of complex business systems
• Detects and corrects contradictions in logic and process flows
• Uncovers underlying causes for differences between results and expectations
• Tenacious in ensuring alignment across reports and dashboards
• Empathizes with the motives for a process existing as it does today
• At least 4 years of experience developing queries in SQL (SQL Server & Snowflake preferred)
• At least 4 years of experience developing compelling data visualizations (e.g. Tableau, Google Data Studio, Power BI, MicroStrategy, Domo, Sisense, Looker, etc.)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 (e.g. PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Teams)
• Advanced experience in Excel (e.g. PowerPivot, Solver, Sparklines, VBA, etc.)
• Experience with data integration tools (e.g. Alteryx, Tableau Prep, Pentaho, Mulesoft, etc.)
• Familiar with writing simple programs in Python (NumPy) and/or R
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move from 10 to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH's Americas Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.