2024 Summer Internship- Construction Management Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Muskogee, OK 74402, US
The Intern position will work on gaining an overall understanding of the major divisions of CRH. The selected candidate will be involved with and learn about various aspects of the company and may include all areas in Construction or Materials departments such as asphalt, aggregates, and ready mix.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Spend time at our construction sites, aggregates, asphalt, and ready mix plants to learn the fundamentals of production.
- Understand how to estimate and plan plant production requirements.
- Learn the asphalt and ready mix plant scheduling process to meet customer and internal demands and maximize capacity conflicts.
- Understand compliance requirements for our operations to meet federal and state regulations including MSHA and OSHA etc.
- Equipment preventative maintenance, scheduling, and shop operation.
- Quality Control/Quality Assurance – Asphalt, Aggregates, Ready Mix.
- Learn the material specification requirements our products are required to meet.
- Support the safety goals and processes of the company.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the bidding and execution of construction.
- Spend time in field operations for heavy construction and paving.
- Understand how crew and scheduling efficiency is instrumental to achieve project goals.
- Understand project profitability (revenue/costs).
- Learn the fundamentals of material pricing for asphalt, aggregates and ready mix.
- Learn to derive quantities from plans and how to accurately price products.
- Manage customer issues.
- Learn accounts receivable and billing.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Ideal candidate must be currently enrolled in a college degree program and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures per company policy.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements, i.e., DL/CDL, Class A and/or B Driver with possible hazmat and tanker endorsements.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization’s goals and objective.
- High ethical standards.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to work with suppliers.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness.
- Ability to deal with the public in a pleasant, courteous, and calm manner in all circumstances.
- Ability to work under pressure and be multi-task oriented.
- Capable of utilizing the internet effectively for research and evaluation.
- Ability to drive change and sell new concepts and approaches through persistence, self-motivation, energy, tenacity, follow-through, and commitment.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Understanding of procurement’s impact on financial results.
- Able to use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb, crawl, kneel, and bend.
- Able to climb ladders and to work at heights.
- Able to occasionally move/carry objects up to 100 lbs. unassisted.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.