Accounting Assistant - Seattle, WA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Seattle, WA 98134, US
Finance & Accounting
- Data entry of time cards for hourly employees including all regular hours, overtime, special rates, etc. Verifies hours, account numbers, equipment number, shift, and assures accurate input.
- Performs the accounting function of closing out each payroll and ensuring that it balances correctly.
- Transmits payroll information to Overland Park office for processing.
- Answers payroll questions and handles changes regarding payroll tax, 401K deductions, insurance premium deductions, union dues, address, and trust funds.
- Disburses and balances petty cash account.
- Maintains and reconciles employee receivables/employee payroll deductions.
- Performs reconciliation of raw material, gas and diesel inventories and prepares necessary reports.
- Handles emergency account, including writing and distribution of checks, month end reconciliation and account balances.
- Data entry purchase requisitions. Filing and distribution of all purchase orders.
- Generates, types, and/or distributes various reports for plant management including life insurance, employment, safety, vacation, personnel, retirements, etc., as needed.
- Maintains an organized filing system for general correspondence.
- Monitors office equipment and machines for proper function and obtains appropriate maintenance and repair as needed.
- Make copies of reports, correspondence, documents and other pertinent information as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as requested by plant management such as performing duties for other office employees during vacations or other absences.
- Answers incoming phone calls and greets visitors in a pleasant and courteous manner, as needed. Takes accurate and detailed messages when needed and/or redirects callers as appropriate.
- H.S. Diploma / GED
- College coursework in accounting/business courses preferred
- At least 6 months of experience in performing similar payroll and/or administrative responsibilities
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Understanding of understanding of accounting principles.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Skill in operating a computer to store data and generate reports. Proficient with Excel and Word.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.