Accounts Payable Clerk Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Austin, TX 78726, US
Finance & Accounting
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Insert vendor and account data by inputting text based and numerical information from source documents within time limits.
- Compile verify accuracy and sort information according to priorities to prepare source data for computer entry.
- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities, if possible, and check output.
- Research and obtain further information for incomplete documents.
- Apply data program techniques and procedures.
- Generate reports, store completed work in designated locations and perform backup operations.
- Scan documents and print files, when needed.
- Respond to queries for information and access relevant files.
- Comply with data integrity and security policies.
- Ensure proper use of office equipment and address any malfunctions.
- Keep information confidential.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Associate’s degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- 3-5 years of Accounts Payable experience.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strong oral and written communications and problem-solving skills.
- Must display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the public always.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must have the ability to work without close supervision.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Be able to work overtime when required.
- Strong Microsoft Office proficiency, especially Excel.
- Proven data entry work experience, as a Data entry operator or Office clerk
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with management.
- Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited to: computers, copiers, ten key, printers, etc.
- Ability to analyze issues independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Knowledge and/or previous related experience in financial accounting environment preferred.
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure.
- Experience using office equipment, like copy machine and scanner.
- Typing speed and accuracy. Attention to detail.
- Basic typing skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Hybrid office environment.
- Tempo is fast-paced with deadlines.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Competitive base pay
- Medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Texas Materials, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.