Accounts Receivable Specialist - CPM Development Corp. (Spokane, WA) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Spokane, WA 99212, US
Finance & Accounting
Responsible for accounts receivable processing, including cash application, tax and finance charge adjustments, invoicing, write-offs, customer file maintenance and applicable reporting; back-up for other accounting positions as needed.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
Maintain excellent internal and external customer relations:
- Answer the phone in a friendly, professional manner.
- Respond timely and professionally to internal and external customer inquiries and information requests.
- Research questions to determine the issue, and what, if any corrective action is required to resolve to prevent future occurrences.
- Provide support to Northwest Region location personnel for processing inquiries.
- Actively participate in the department to ensure workflow efficiencies.
- Work as a team member to achieve departmental goals.
Accounts Receivable Processing:
- Key and verify accuracy of high-volume customer payments including application of discounts through lockbox payments and other forms of communication from outlying locations.
- Review and process customer adjustments for finance charges and other adjustments as needed.
- Review customer tax adjustments for proper processing and approval.
- Process monthly finance charges as assigned.
- Process high volume material sales invoices for specified locations daily.
- Run and balance assigned monthly statements for all locations and consolidated Northwest Region.
Accounts Receivable Customer Master File Maintenance:
- Maintain customer master file for new additions and review for potential duplicate customers; make changes to customers as necessary and ensure proper documentation is maintained.
- Monitor customer tax status and maintain records for tax exemption certificate expirations.
- Follow up with customer or locations to ensure required forms are on file.
- Ensure customer file tax status accuracy and compliance with sales tax regulations.
- Perform duties according to Northwest Region Internal SOX and Fraud Controls.
- Observe confidentially of company information; written and verbal.
- Observe company safety standards and maintain safe work environment.
- Filing, other duties and specialized projects as assigned.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- Routinely assist other members of the workforce.
- Two to three years of accounting education and/or equivalent work experience highly preferred.
- Three to five years accounts receivable processing experience highly preferred.
- P.C. knowledge required with high skills in Excel and Outlook.
- Organizational and excellent communication skills required.
- Sales and use tax experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Consistently reports for work at scheduled work time
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.