Administrative Assistant - RiverBend Materials (Salem, OR) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Salem, OR 97302, US
Administrative Support and Services
Perform primary responsibilities as multi-line operator/front desk receptionist. Provide excellent customer service and administrative support to external and internal customers to include customer phone calls, inquiries and research. Establish and maintain effective work relationships with new and existing customers through a high degree of professionalism and excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
- Perform primary duties as multi-line operator/front desk receptionist:
- Answer and direct all incoming calls.
- Greet walk-in traffic and direct to appropriate area.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail and all other deliveries.
Banking and Credit:
- Reconcile daily cash sales and prepare bank deposits.
- Process deposits from on account sales.
- Process credit card payments.
- Assist Credit Manager with lien waivers and credit references.
- Scan and index various credit documents.
- Daily entry of fuel usage by location.
- Weekly upload of fuel usage into the accounting system.
- Monthly upload of fuel usage into the accounting system.
- Other Duties:
- Maintain petty cash including control log, reconciliations and check requests.
- Provide customers with account information including invoice and ticket copies.
- Observe company safety standards and maintain a safe work environment.
- Filing, other duties and specialized projects as assigned.
- Provide administrative support to all managers.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Office Maintenance
- Order office supplies and keep the supply area organized.
- Ensure that office equipment is maintained.
- Coordinate office and kitchen maintenance and janitorial staff.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent required.
Experience: One to two years of administrative office experience. General accounting knowledge is preferred. Excellent communication and organizational skills a must.
Knowledge: Ability to answer telephones and greet the public in a friendly and courteous manner. Thorough knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment. Knowledge of basic math skills; 10-key by touch; Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency; Strong verbal and written communication skills; Professional ethics, tact, and courtesy in interactions with management, team members, vendors, and internal/external customers; demonstrated ability to safely plan and set work priorities in a cost-effective manner.
Work Hours: Flexible 4-day work week; 8-10 hours per day as work-load requires. Occasional overtime as required.
Positions Directly Supervised: None
Positions Indirectly Supervised: None
Supervisor: Accounting Supervisor
Supervision Received: General
Percentage of time spent each day: Walking 20% Sitting 70% Standing 10%
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
RiverBend Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.