AFR Site Manager - Louisville, NE Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Louisville, NE 68037, US
Environmental, Health, & Safety
Sapphire Americas, a CRH Company, provides environmental services to industrial and municipal waste generators by converting their byproducts into fuels and materials that can be used in the cement manufacturing process. Converting waste into alternative fuels and materials and then recycling them into cement uniquely positions Ash Grove and Sapphire Americas to deliver unique zero landfill solutions to waste generators while lowering carbon footprint of our manufacturing activities and creating brighter future for our communities.
At Ash Grove Cement, people are our first priority. We offer a complete benefits package, and opportunities for your continued growth and development.
- Ensure product quality and stable kiln operation while optimizing fuel and raw material blends
- Provide on site technical and logistical support for calcined clay project
- Ensures all company, state and federal safety and environmental standards are met as they pertain to calcined clay, alternate fuels and materials
- Seek out and develop opportunities to reduce calorific and power consumption, to increase utilization of Alternative Raw Materials & Alternative Fuels, and reduce cement/clinker ratio
- Manage alternate fuel (AF) & materials (AM) activities at the plant
- Provide AF and AM suppliers with monthly forecast of quantity required
- Track incoming AF, AM shipments and prepare weekly / monthly inventory reconciliations.
- Evaluate TDF delivered, monitor the quality of trials, work with supplier regarding any issues (returns, debris, scraps, etc)
- Play leading role in organizing onsite Calcined Clay, AM & AF trials
- Monitor deliveries of AM & AF, prepare weekly / monthly inventory reconciliations.
- Assist Plant controller with monthly AF and AR billing
- Work closely with the plant’s environmental & quality manager on any management of change processes related to Supplementary Cementitious Materials, AF or AM.
- University Degree required, Engineering or Chemistry with a strong technical background is favored.
- Experience working within a Heavy Industrial Manufacturing or Mining environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to see initiatives through to completion
- Solid understanding of electrical & mechanical principles of equipment used in mineral processing
- Solid understanding of process engineering principles
- Proficient computer skills, including email and applications such as SAP and Excel
- Leads for Performance – Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals.
- Communications – communicate with impact and create an environment in which people communicate honestly and openly. Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Analysis and Problem-Solving – Effectively examine events, issues and problems and generate optimal solutions in a timely manner.
- Ability to give clear instructions with appropriate follow-up.
- Organizational skills, maintaining smooth operation of Production activities and projects.
- Physical fitness is required for effortless mobility throughout the entire plant.
- Strong Troubleshooting skills.
- Adapts and Learns – Work effectively in the face of ambiguity, shifting priorities and rapid change while actively developing one’s skills and capabilities.
- Drives Change and Innovation – Champion new ideas and initiatives and create an environment that supports change and innovation.
- No physical restrictions that could interfere with functionality
- This position is based in the Louisville, NE cement plant.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Sapphire Americas, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.