ARP Yakima Service Oiler/Lube Tech Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Wapato, WA 98951, US
The worker will work at ground level providing mechanical maintenance and inspection to company vehicles. The worker will open the vehicle hood and check all fluid levels, visually inspect belts and hoses for signs of wear, and inspect for other repairs that may be required. From below the vehicle (on mechanic creeper) the worker will ensure that a drain barrel is placed under the vehicle’s oil drain plug, drain oil from crankcase, refill the crankcase with required amount of oil and remove and replace the oil filter. The worker will provide service to the radiator by draining, replacing, and/or replenishing coolant, use grease guns to lubricate the vehicle’s fittings/joints, and visually inspect the undercarriages of the vehicles for any problems.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform routine vehicles maintenance (change oil and filter, lubrication, coolant and fuel).
- Analyzes malfunctions and report need for further diagnostics or repair to shift lead or shop foreman.
- Operates and inspects vehicles equipment to diagnose defects.
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment using hand tools.
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear.
- Use computer-based maintenance software to create work orders, schedule PM’s, and document needed repairs.
- Perform general cleaning of work areas and maintenance areas.
- Assist other maintenance department staff in performing the duties necessary to assure the efficiency of operations of vehicles.
- May work in shop, yard or on jobsites.
- Ability to perform DOT inspections and brake adjustments.
- Perform and maintain fluid analysis program.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- CDL with Hazmat endorsement or ability to obtain one is required.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a safe manner as well as maintain a safe work environment.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance and attendance.
- Must provide own tools, the company will provide specialty tools.
- Be willing to work overtime and weekends/holidays as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators and other employees.
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company policies or state rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in a team environment.
- Demonstrates good performance, safety, attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks
To view a complete job description and apply on-line
Requisition #: 261681
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
American Rock Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.