ARP Yakima Truck Driver Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Wapato, WA 98951, US
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle to ensure safe operational order and report maintenance or repair issues.
- Be able to climb in and out of truck safely using 3-points of contact.
- Be able to manipulate truck steering wheel (power steering), shifter and other various levers and knobs necessary for operation of truck and associated equipment.
- Operate truck to deliver to construction sites as specified, in a safe and efficient manner, obeying applicable laws and following dispatch instructions.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle, investigate abnormalities and perform operator maintenance and minor field repairs.
- Attach Mixer truck chutes to truck and add materials (fiber, color or other additives) to drum.
- Attach hoses to truck with clamping system, open valves to discharge contents of tank, discharge the product into storage while observing the hose and connections to ensure there are no leaks or other hazards, return discharge hoses and fill caps to proper storage area.
- May access chains from trailer and drape them over drive wheels of truck.
- Ensure quality of product delivered.
- Maintain communication with Dispatcher as necessary regarding deliveries, check delivery tickets for special instructions and complete as required.
- Ensure proper materials are loaded in a safe manner and obtain proper signatures as required.
- Respond to customer questions related to basic product knowledge and basic construction techniques.
- Maintain operator logs, forms and records in accordance with company policy and Department of Transportation regulations.
- Complete written report of problems or necessary repairs and forward to maintenance personnel, detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions.
- Maintain work area and vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
- May operate front end loader or other equipment.
- May perform other related duties as required or directed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Two years general driving experience preferred in a commercial or construction setting highly preferred.
- Current Class A CDL and current DOT medical card required.
- Must have good depth perception and coordination to operate machine controls.
- Must pass DOT physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance and attendance.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays.
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators and other employees.
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
To view a complete job description and apply on-line:
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
American Rock Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.