Ash Haul Operator- Huntington, UT Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Huntington, UT 84528, US
- Thorough operational knowledge and skills of belly dumps, and related equipment to be operated.
- Can operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Must keep time and material records.
- Must follow verbal and written instruction.
- Ability for maneuvering and backing.
- Must be able to communicate effectively on the radio system.
- Responsible for safe slopes on excavations and proper barricading.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
- May assist in labor and physical tasks as needed.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid state commercial driver’s license (CDL) Class A is preferred.
Valid driver’s license is required.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Incident free driving record preferred
May be subject to drug, alcohol, and physical agilities testing.
- Ability to communicate using two-way radio.
- Basic math
- Basic computer skills preferred
Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Nielson Construction & Materials, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.