Asphalt Laborer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Helena, MT 59604, US
Whether you’re looking for an opportunity to break into the construction industry, or looking for the next step in your career, our team can provide you with a fun and challenging opportunity to grow with an industry leader. In this role, you’ll assist our construction crews with various tasks in order to prepare, grade and pave asphalt. You’ll work with a team on projects big and small, playing an integral part as we stand together to reinvent the way our world is built.
If you’re someone that likes to see the visible results of your hard work each day, working outdoors, running equipment and being a part of building something, this is the career path for you. Limited experience? No worries! We’ll assist with training to provide you with the skills you need to be successful. If you’ve got the drive, we’ll help you to reach your goals.
Wage: $20.00-$33.55/hr DOE w/ potential for overtime. Work could include Davis Bacon Wages and Non-Davis Bacon Wages.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k with Roth option & 5% Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- 9 Paid Holidays (8 Static and 1 Floating)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Potential for Overtime
- Opportunities for Internal Mobility
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Training Provided
- Earn More with our Employee Referral Program
- Company Discounts on products, goods, services, electronics, automotive, travel & more!
- Opportunities for Community Engagement
- Shovel, rake and compact materials in grade and pave operations.
- Operate asphalt saw, concrete saw, and other power tools to remove asphalt and debris.
- Traffic control, including flagging and set-up of signs, cones, and barriers.
- Operate water truck, oil distributors and other equipment as instructed.
- Perform underground adjustments (i.e., manholes, catch basins).
- Measure, mark, paint, and stake per measurements for grade and pave operations.
- Load, unload from work truck and clean tools and equipment as needed.
- Perform “grade check” duties, including hammering hubs, reading grade stakes and plans.
- Routinely assist other members of the work force in different areas of production.
- Promptly communicate with supervisors on any flaws in material.
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance, attendance, and punctuality.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates the willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays as needed.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Must pass pre-employment physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing.
- Must have current authorization to work in the United States
- Previous asphalt grade/pave operations and/or construction related experience preferred.
- Class A CDL with self-certification of non-excepted interstate and current DOT medical card a plus but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- GRIP – with at least 90 lbs. of force
- CLIMBING – in, around, and on equipment
- HEAVY LIFTING – of extremely awkward parts and equipment up to 75 lbs. from floor to waist
- AWKWARD POSITIONS – getting to and from both sitting and kneeling on the ground
- FLEXIBILITY – awkward reaches
- BALANCE – including standing and walking on extremely slick and uneven surfaces while carrying.
- VISION – 20/40 corrected vision to see moving safety hazards, moving equipment, vehicles, and obstructions
- HEARING – corrected to hear verbal safety warnings and instructions from coworkers
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Helena Sand & Gravel, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.