ASPHALT Q/C LAB TECHNICIAN - FORT WORTH, TEXAS Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Worth, TX 76102, US
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Use accepted methods to inspect, sample, and test aggregates, asphalt, or other materials for the purpose of quality control.
- Sample and test mixtures to stay in compliance with contract specifications and quality control tolerance.
- Monitor and test process functions and materials daily to ensure our products meet or exceed requirements of the appropriate agency or customer.
- Prepare and record accurate information; maintain test results database.
- Obtain required certifications in a timely manner.
- Maintain all laboratory equipment, keeping track of all certification paperwork on lab scales and other equipment that requires annual re-certification.
- Follow quality control plans and guidelines as assigned.
- Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific duty.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Follow all company policies and OSAH / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures.
- Perform general cleaning of work areas.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum or high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Must obtain and maintain DOT certifications required to test asphalt as required by state regulations.
- Less than one year of experience in a related field is required.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must have strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Must be willing to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet the qualifications of the fleet safety program.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Must know and understand all DOT regulations, such as sampling frequency, sampling methods, graduation requirements, quality requirements, etc.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and to work with teams as both a leader and a participant.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; building rapport, listening, presenting, giving, and receiving feedback.
- Must be able to perform simple mathematic calculations.
- Must have or acquire basic computer skills and be able to work with e-mail and simple spreadsheets.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to hold weights of 5-10lbs in a stretched arm position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs (minimum) on a repetitive basis.
- Able to stand on hard surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to work extended hours if needed.
- Job hazards include exposure to dust, noise, fumes, and all weather conditions.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
TexasBit is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.