Automation Technician - Converse, TX Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Converse, TX 78109, US
- Install, configure, program, and calibrate current and/or new automation systems, including machinery, robotics, sensors, actuators, and control devices
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with automation equipment, identifying root causes and implementing effective solutions
- Coordinate with other personnel to address complex technical problems and minimize equipment downtime
- Conduct tests and inspections to ensure proper functionality and compliance with safety standards
- Train operators and other personnel on how to properly operate automation systems
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of automated systems, identifying inefficiencies, and proposing improvements
- Maintain accurate documentation of automation system configurations, wiring diagrams, and operating procedures
- Utilize 3D modeling software to create, design, and provide detailed specifications for fixturing, robot tooling, and machine tooling
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years of experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of automated systems
- Hands-on experience with automation technologies, such as PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers), HMIs (Human-Machine Interfaces), robotics, sensors, and actuators
- Basic experience using the Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting technical manuals, schematics, and electrical diagrams
- Proficient in programming languages relevant to automation, such as ladder logic, function blocks or structured text
- Understanding of electrical and electronic principles, including wiring, circuits, and control systems
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex technical issues with precision
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities
- Attention to detail and a commitment to company safety protocols
- At least 1 year experience utilizing 3D modeling software; AutoCAD Inventor or Solidworks preferred
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Leviat, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Sorry, this job is closed.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.