Block Truck Delivery Driver - Central Pre-Mix (Coeur D'Alene, ID) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Coeur D'Alene, ID 83815, US
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle to ensure safe operational order and report maintenance or repair issues.
- Fuel truck and forklift as needed.
- Work closely with store manager and dispatcher to coordinate and collect all pertinent information for deliveries.
- Assist in the preparation and staging of products onto pallets for delivery (some heavy lifting is required).
- Operate forklift to load and unload truck and trailer.
- Verify that products and quantities on all loads match the delivery/receiving ticket.
- Secure loads for safe transit.
- Drive block truck and trailer to transport pallets of product between jobsites and facilities in a safe and efficient manner. Obey applicable laws.
- Provide courteous service to all internal and external customers which includes following orders and taking direction.
- Keep vehicle in a clean and orderly condition, inside and out.
- Maintain operator logs and records in accordance with company policy and D.O.T regulations.
- Operate front end loader to load materials onto customer vehicles and move materials around the yard.
- Perform occasional “small” truck deliveries in vehicles that are licensed under 26,000# (non-CDL).
- Actively participate in the daily safety program. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations at all times.
- Other tasks as assigned to meet business needs
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions
- Regular and timely attendance
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Current Class A CDL with self-certification of non-excepted interstate and current DOT medical card.
- Two years driving experience preferred in a commercial or construction setting.
- Ability to understand and carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and company personnel.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work irregular hours, off hours and weekends as necessary.
- Must be able to pass pre-work drug screen and physical exam
- Must have a good driving record.
- Current member or able to join Teamsters Local #690 within 30 days of hire.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Central Pre-Mix Concrete Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.