Job Description Job Attributes+
Los Angeles, CA 90013, US
Who are we:
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL), a CRH company, is the leading supplier to the glazing, architectural, railing, construction, industrial, and automotive industries. Offering more than 60,000 products, we serve the industry from locations throughout North America, Europe, and Australia.
Responsible for selecting and purchasing quality products for our business. This role will coordinate the scheduling, purchasing of equipment, materials, supplies and expediting services. In addition, this role will manage all vendor relationships and ensure ordered products are purchased at optimum cost and received within the stated timeframe.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with CRL vendors to ensure on-time deliveries, consistent quality, an uninterrupted supply chain, and best pricing.
• Handle correspondence concerning under/over-shipments, delivery shortages, changes in quantity, delivery dates, or prices and report such changes to the internal stakeholders in a timely manner.
• Act as a liaison between suppliers and internal stakeholders to resolve any/all procurement-related challenges.
• Implement procurement strategy to ensure continuity of supply and alternative source of supply
• Understand & communicate market dynamics & price movements
• Analyze spend for vendors and service providers to define portfolio strategy
• Lead quality improvement program for vendors and service providers
• Analyze inventory and payment terms financial impact on CRL
• Deliver price saving projects as defined by the procurement manager
• Lead supplier development program as assigned by procurement manager
• Keeping parts and vendors' master data up to date
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Supply Chain, Business Administration, Finance, Data Analytics or other relevant fields
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a purchasing role
• CPIM/CSCP or equivalent is preferred
• Experience with SAP is preferred
• Must have great:
- Analytical & Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
- Influencing & Persuasion
- Data Interpretation
- Excellent Negotiating Skills
• This position is largely sedentary; however, caution needs to be taken when lifting files, boxes, opening file cabinet drawers, desk drawers.
• To avoid injuries to hands, back and neck, proper ergonomics should be maintained while working at desk/workstation.
• Primarily works in an office environment with controlled climate.
• Ability to perform light hand activity work at a computer/telephone station in an office environment. Position is primarily sedentary.
• Some duties may involve being in a plant environment where noise levels can be moderate to high and be subject to the same general climate conditions of the region (heat, cold, humidity, etc.).
• Chemicals, dust, pollen and other typical airborne particulate matter are present within the atmosphere of the production floor and may create some odors in the plant. The Company, in an effort to provide its employees with a safe and healthy working environment, limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls and PPE.
• While the chemical exposure and odors are under acceptable levels set by OSHA and the WCB, they nevertheless, can be smelled and are handled according to the company’s hazardous communication program.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is an E-Verify Employer.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.