Buyer - Langley, BC Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Langley, BC, Canada
- Set-up and maintain supplier and stock code information as required.
- Maintain supplier evaluation data. Take action as required.
- Monitor supplier deliveries, confirm and maintain expected product available dates, expedite orders as required.
- Manage stock box program with corrugated suppliers.
- Maintain an active list of all purchase orders placed and waiting on arrival of product.
- Review available reports daily to determine order quantities needed for all items of responsibility.
- Maintain all inventory/warehouse parameters for items of responsibility.
- Review all invoices for discrepancies and errors. Apply to suppliers with requests for credits or adjustments.
- Enter purchase orders into database, maintain this information and ensure proper distribution of copies including incorporating into the document management system.
- Process all required purchasing, receiving, and transfer information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Attend daily Supply Chain meeting and provide updates on late and pending purchase orders and receipts as required.
- Procure non-inventory items for maintenance, production & office as required.
- Manage vendors and potential vendors to meet the sample and supply needs of Primex. Coordinate these procurement activities.
- Meet with sales representatives to review account information, contract and blanket orders, as well as to problem solve and negotiate new contracts.
- Place all orders as requested by authorized personnel in a timely and professional manner.
- Excellent reading, writing and organizational skills are essential.
- Strong communication skills used across multiple internal departments and external contacts is required.
- 2 or more years prior purchasing experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office is essential.
- Syspro knowledge is a strong asset.
- Continuously update knowledge and skills for successful job performance
- Review operations and training manuals
- Review internal communications and external communications from vendors
- Attend staff meetings
- Participate in training programs
- Seek additional educational courses
- Completion of High School diploma
- College Diploma is an asset
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.