CDL Truck Driver - Grand Prairie, TX Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Grand Prairie, TX 75050, US
Day to day activities will consist of handling and loading/ unloading glass products, load securement, daily pre and post trip of vehicles, multiple deliveries, and customer service. Unloading could include handling loose, crated, and racked glass and associated products, as well as operating boom cranes, and truck mounted forklifts.
- At least 21 years old.
- A valid driver’s license issued by the state of residence to operate the type of equipment the applicant will be driving.
- Ability to obtain a medical examiner’s certificate of physical qualification.
- At least two (2) years of verifiable, incident free driving experience in the last 5 years.
- Ability to determine whether transported cargo is properly located, distributed and secured on the vehicle. Is familiar with methods and procedures for securing cargo in or on the Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV).
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public as well as law enforcement, to understand traffic signals, signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquires, and make entries on reports and records.
- By reason of experience, training, or both safely operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV).
- Ability to determine whether transported cargo is properly located distributed and secured on the vehicle. Is familiar with methods and procedures for securing cargo in or on the Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV).
- Ability to handle varying road, traffic and weather conditions is mandatory.
- Satisfy all federal, state, and local government requirements.
- Good customer relations skills
- Operation of hand held scanners and electronic logging devices are required.
- Ability to pass pre-employment screening including drug/alcohol test, previous employer and criminal background checks.
- Acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR) as dictated in the company standards document.
OBE tractor/trailers, straight trucks, tilt dolly, pallet jacks, booms, hoists, boom cranes, lift trucks, truck mounted fork lifts, hand tools, tie down devices, some power tools, calculator, tape measurer, electronic logs, hand held scanners, cameras, writing instruments.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
- Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
- Health care benefits after 60 days
- Holiday pay and 401k benefits after 90 days
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.