Cement Development Engineer (Environmental Engineering) - Seattle, WA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Seattle, WA 98134, US
At Ash Grove Cement, people are our first priority. We offer a complete benefits package to include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance Vision Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Disability Pay
- Life Insurance
- Growth Opportunities and more!
- Develop an understanding of the cement manufacturing process and propose changes to improve operating costs, efficiencies, environmental impact and product quality.
- Participate in process activities within various manufacturing departments; will include quarry, production, maintenance, shipping, environmental, safety, and quality.
- Complete training in operational support functions; including Human Resources, Finance, and Management.
- Participate in process engineering activities such as mass and heat balances, air flows, circuit efficiency studies, and any related testing necessary to maintain operating efficiencies.
- Participate in maintenance engineering activities such as equipment inspection, preventative maintenance, reliability engineering and capital projects.
- Participate in electrical and automation engineering activities such as programming of the plant’s programmable logic control (PLC) and distributed control (DCS) systems, energy efficiency studies and
- May undertake performance testing and measurements on production equipment.
- Completes training matrix.
- Candidates should have relatively open geographic availability. The company will relocate candidates to the sites that match their skill set and development.
Satisfactory development will be measured by a variety of skills considered fundamental for successful advancement within our company. Such skills include:
- Understanding of the organization and reporting responsibilities within the typical plant environment, the typical staff roles by position, interpersonal relationships among co-workers.
- Dealing with the public, regulatory community, vendors, customers, and off hour demands to continuous process industries.
- Develop safe work habits, leadership skills, effective communication, professional networking, budgeting and cost control.
- Bachelor's Degree in environmental engineering is required
- 3.0 GPA or above preferred
- Co-op/ internship experience is a plus
- Previous work experience is preferred, but not required
What to expect in a cement environment:
Work to be performed in a shop environment as well as outdoor exposure throughout the plant. Mild exposure to cement dust, heat, cold, and noise requires compliance with specified safety guidelines and procedures. Exposure to high elevations of up to 250 feet in height. Exposure to all weather conditions. Normal operation of mobile equipment may result in jarring and vibratory exposure.
What’s next for you?
We provide stability and advancement opportunities across North America. Use our tuition reimbursement program to help you meet your career goals.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The employee will be required to follow all job instructions of his/her supervisor and to perform other work assignments related to plant operations that are not inconsistent with the current labor contract, past practices, or safety policies.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.