Cement Plant Production Worker - Seattle, WA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Seattle, WA 98134, US
Forklift, Equipment and Machine Operators
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, monitors the operation of the production processing line and equipment function through field operation. Responsible for functions in the field related to plant equipment start-up and shutdowns. Complies with all applicable safety policies and regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Makes periodic inspections of field conveyors electrical gauges, bearing temperatures, oil temperatures and other related equipment data.
* Operates mobile equipment to transfer/haul raw materials. Operates mobile equipment to cleanup material spills.
* Analyzes and troubleshoots electrical systems and related components.
* Performs equipment maintenance and repair when needed.
* Inspects and monitors positions of gates, valves and chutes for proper operations and performs adjustments as needed.
* Inspects pre-heater to ensure proper flow.
* Performs silo and bin measurements as specified by the assigned shift.
* Performs general clean-up activities as needed around machinery.
* Obtain product samples and perform quality tests in laboratory as assigned.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employee will be required to follow all instructions of his/her supervisor and to perform other work assignments related to plant operations as requested.
ISO 14001 TRAINING PLAN
REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
High school graduation or equivalent plus two years of college or technical training preferred. Science and/or math emphasis preferred.
Three to five years processing experience with responsibility for mechanical and electrical systems preferred in a cement or related industrial plant facility.
Extensive knowledge of plant operations and processes. Ability to operate programmable logic control systems, use general hand tools, and operate plant processing equipment in a safe manner. Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems. Ability to read, write and understand warning labels, instructions, signs, etc. Ability to perform basic math calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Skills needed include logic, problem solving, decision making, and verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to have meticulous attention for detail. Ability to monitor all production processing functions to maintain efficiency and quality standards. Ability to collect and prepare samples. Ability to run full battery of control lab tests as needed. Ability to operate lab computer to enter data.
Working requires walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling, working in an awkward position and lifting objects weighing up to 100 pounds. Ability to work at heights up to 250 feet.
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.