Civil/Structural (Precast Concrete) Engineering Manager - Pleasanton or Stockton CA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Pleasanton, CA 94566, US
- Active member of the local business team.
- Responsible for performing engineering designs in support of estimates, submittal packages and production of precast products throughout Oldcastle Precast.
- Establishes formal and informal communications for staff and employees and customers (e.g. sales and production teams, CAD team members, outside sales and customers).
- Performing engineering designs in support of estimates, submittal packages and production of precast products throughout Oldcastle Precast.
- Manage Engineering Department consisting of other engineers to include prioritizing work in support of sales and production
- Support installation of engineered products in the West Coast area
- Prepare calculations and drawings for precast products
- Manage the Quality Control Department to ensure adherence to quality assurance programs
- Develops self, staff and employees for advancement and contribution to success of the business
- Ensures proper training of employees to advance the business.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of precast processes and equipment, have workable knowledge of industry technological developments and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer preferred
- 5+ years’ demonstrated manufacturing supervisory experience.
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and allocate resources.
- Strong written and oral communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record of developing, implementing and utilizing process and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate resources to meet internal business objectives and customer expectations.
- Thorough knowledge of effective and efficient production and manufacturing methods.
- Thorough knowledge of company product, policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
- Previous industry experience or project management related work experience preferred
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, and be able to perform structural designs
- Ability to use a variety of computer programs, including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Products, Mathcad, RISA 3D, or other finite element software
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative
- Ability to interact with customers, managers, engineers, drafters and other employees to resolve engineering and management related issues
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and dealing with ambiguity.
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively implement change.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and lead teams.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.