Concrete Batch/Dispatcher American Rock Products, ( Pendleton, OR) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Pendleton, OR 97801, US
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Maintain batch plant operations to ensure timely delivery of concrete.
- Verify specific concrete on incoming tickets and enter correct mix design into computer.
- Monitor gauges, dials, and operation of machinery to ensure conformance to processing specifications.
- Coordinate batching and loading of all concrete leaving plant. Check concretes slump to ensure proper specifications.
- Communicate and receive directions from dispatch, drivers, operators, and customers by radio/phone.
- Receive and schedule concrete orders for timely and efficient delivery. Assist customers in determining proper product require; quote prices as needed.
- Dispatch trucks based on load size, truck and driver capabilities and jobsite conditions.
- Communicate regularly with internal and external customers regarding scheduling and job status.
- Direct general operations of loader operator and loader.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Two years’ experience operating fixed or portable Red-Mix Batch Plant highly preferred.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance and attendance.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays.
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators, and other employees.
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates ability to understand and carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions.
- Proficient with PC skills such as keyboarding and familiarity with Microsoft Windows Office Software.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and pre-work screen exam.
To view a complete job description and apply on-line:
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
American Rock Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.