Concrete Finisher - Wichita, KS Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Wichita, KS 67217, US
Laborers and Production Workers
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
· Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
· Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
· Report any problems to your manager.
- Perform general labor duties when necessary.
· Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment and movement of materials.
· Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site.
· Dig, spread and level construction materials.
· Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
· Assist in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
· Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
· Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
· Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
· Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
· Report to work at the designated start time.
· Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required. This work is for a portable asphalt construction crew.
· Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
· Be able to work overtime when required.
· Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
· Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
· Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
· Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.