Construction Equipment Operator- General- Heavy Highway Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Hutchinson, KS 67501, US
Forklift, Equipment and Machine Operators
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
- Ability to operate various pieces of heavy equipment, including loaders, excavators, dozers, graders, backhoes, etc.
- Be familiar with and incorporate information derived from the manuals for the individual equipment being operated.
- Be familiar with the equipment and Daily Equipment Checklist
- Communicate with Project Manager/Foreperson as to the daily job specifications; operate the equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Perform daily pre-start up procedures; i.e. note the service due date, check fluid levels and make sure the equipment to be used is in good running order, complete Daily Equipment Checklist
- Discuss with supervisor the anticipated production, type of materials being moved, number of trucks, etc.
- Be aware of other equipment working on the project and coordinate to work with the other equipment.
- When possible, leave the equipment in a place that is readily accessible to the Equipment Mover.
- Keep equipment clean. Wiping down equipment not only promotes positive public image, but enables the operator to inspect the equipment close range.
- Ability to follow directions.
The ideal candidate will:
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.