Construction Health & Safety Internship (Summer 2024) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Rathdrum, ID 83858, US
Environmental, Health, & Safety
Our paid internship program provides a rich and rewarding hands-on learning experience and the opportunity to make a contribution to our organization. Our interns work in their course of study under close direction of an experienced supervisor/manager. Our Safety interns will work with management and field personnel to learn the occupational hazards of the construction industry. They will learn all aspects of our safety programs in order to ensure a safe work environment for all employees. When we SEE something, we will STOP and DO something.
- Gain a general understanding of OSHA, MSHA, and DOT regulations
- Assist in developing innovative solutions to facilitate safe work practices
- Assist in identifying safety problem areas
- Performs data entry
- Analyze safety data and information
- Provide support to Safety Professionals in the Region
- Provide field support to Operation Personnel
- Travel to plant and job sites in the area to provide support and conduct safety inspections/ reviews
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Applicants must be entering their Sophomore, Junior or Senior year and currently enrolled in an Occupational Health & Safety or related program of study.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license
- Must be available to work approximately 40 hours per week
- Strong communication skills (Public Speaking)
- Self-motivated, ability to achieve desired results without constant supervision
- Strong computer skills (Power Point, Word, Excel)
- Desire to help people by creating a safe working environment
- Must pass pre-employment controlled-substance testing
- Must have current US Authorization to work
- Basic Occupational Safety and Health knowledge preferred
- Industry related experience
- Paid Sick Leave
- 9 Paid Holidays (8 Static and 1 Floating)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Potential for Overtime
- Opportunities for Internal Mobility
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Training Provided
- Earn More with our Employee Referral Program
- Company Discounts on products, goods, services, electronics, automotive, travel & more!
- Opportunities for Community Engagement
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.