Construction Laborer - Inland Asphalt & Concrete (Spokane, WA) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Spokane, WA 99216, US
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently by utilizing equipment within its designed parameters.
- Operate ground compactors, level out and rake dirt, set string markers, and remove items within the area to be paved.
- Set up fencing, barricades, and/or safety cones to block off the work area as needed.
- Prepare manhole covers, openings and water lines. May insert risers as needed.
- Walk behind paver machine to shovel and rake asphalt as it is applied to the ground. Level out asphalt with rake and use shovel to dig out manhole covers and water valve boxes that are buried by the asphalt.
- May assist with operating equipment as needed and if trained including paver, roller, backhoe, water truck, front end loader, excavator, backhoe, skidsteer, etc.
- Use various equipment, hand and power tools.
- Pick up and/or deliver construction materials at job site locations.
- Perform job site clean-up.
- Assist with flagging and traffic control as needed.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Keep all tools and equipment cleaned and maintained.
- Keep time and material records.
- Travel to and from various locations.
- Routinely assist other members of the work force in different areas of production.
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but not required.
- Previous related experience in the construction field is a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- Must be able to pass physical fitness and agility test.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license.
- Must be a member of local Laborers Union #238, or able to join within 30 days of hire.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Inland Asphalt Co is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.