Construction Operations Manager- IMC Bellevue Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Twin Falls, ID 83303, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Safety and environmental stewardship of sites within all geographical areas of the Wood River Valley (Blaine and neighboring Counties)
- Mentor and monitor staff, acting as a coach and role model. Lead, inspire, and motivate others to achieve optimal performance in all business facets.
- Ensure that construction best practices, performance tools, and scorecards are accurate and utilized to enhance quality and performance.
- Oversee the daily construction operations, regarding scheduling equipment and manpower, and coordinating trucking needs with the transportation manager, as well as estimate and manage individual projects as needed.
- Manage superintendents, grading and paving superintendents, estimators and project managers.
- Assure that company operations are conducted according to highest standards concerning safety performance, employee relations, environmental, quality products and workmanship, ethical standards, community relations, production levels, and profitability expectations.
- Maintain our backlog reporting in regards to asphalt, aggregate, liquid asphalt, and crew production days. Populate and maintain our long-term schedule.
- Document, organize, communicate, and archive project and personnel correspondence concerning safety, incidents, claims management and quality assurance.
- Assist in managing projects awarded regarding scheduling, resource allocation, cost projections, and billing. Actively participate in weekly scheduling coordination meetings
- Participate in budget creation and budget management of the operations within the business unit to meet and exceed financial targets.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Personnel recruitment, selection, training, coaching, and retention.
- Other duties as assigned per supervisor
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Minimum of 7 years of construction related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Construction Operations, Scheduling and Supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge in industry standards, project specifications, and plan set drawings.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write clearly and effectively. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed, results-oriented, and highly motivated, requiring minimal direct guidance.
- Proficient utilizing Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Proficient in utilizing estimating and accounting software
- Manages difficult or emotional customer and or employee situations; Responds promptly to customer and or employee needs; Solicits feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Makes themself available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Idaho Materials & Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.