Construction Superintendent- IMC Twin Falls (Internal Candidates Only) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Twin Falls, ID 83303, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
- Coordinates daily work activities, job site organization, reading of plans, etc.
- Supervises and schedules crews and projects including but not limited to manpower and equipment.
- Work with or in lieu of the dispatcher to schedule equipment movement and transport schedules.
- Interface daily with job foreman to ascertain their needs, problems and job progress.
- Make sure that foremen have the time cards for their crew turned in on a timely basis and that coding is correct, and the foreman has signed card
- Check daily cost sheets for correctness, compliance with estimated cost, and if over budget, find out why and report to management.
- Prior to job startup, review with the job foreman the project plans, specifications and review the project startup list to insure that each item is done, i.e. dig line has been contracted.
- Assist Estimating by providing feedback on job progress as opposed to as estimated.
- Assist Estimating as available by performing field measurements determining sources.
- Check that foreman’s job quantities are correct and submitted to Estimating; remember they will generate the invoice based on what you report.
- Supervise foreman and other related employees.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- A minimum of 5 years construction supervisor related experience.
- May be subject to drug testing, medical exams and physical agilities testing.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined per company policy.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes and Safety Vest.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office and the ability to rapidly learn different software applications.
- Possess strong basic math knowledge.
- Basic surveying and mapping skills are required.
- Strong communication and leadership skills are necessary.
- Ability to influence people to work enthusiastically towards goals and performance targets by effectively providing necessary coaching, mentoring, and feedback.
- Ability to lead and manage change through continuous performance improvement in employee development, quality, safety, and production.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Idaho Materials & Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.