Contract Administrator Internship - Yellowstone National Park - HK Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Idaho Falls, ID 83402, US
Administrative Support and Services
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Maintains project job lists and updates work under contract lists
- Reviews cost coding and assigns pay codes within computer system.
- Receives requests, updates records, initiates paperwork and follows up on request for approval of work not previously covered in the contract; processes and obtains approval of contract changes.
- Monitors compliance to contract requirements ensuring all conditions are satisfied before approval of the final invoice
- Assists in compiling and preparing bid documents and bidders list, including inquiry preparations, request for bids and recommendations for award of contract
- Knowledge of the laws and ordinances regulating building construction.
- Upload project into Viewpoint including verifying all CT’s, phases, flags (unit, phase, etc.)
- Setup Subcontractors in VP’s subcontractor module.
- Issue subcontracts.
- Receive/maintain subcontractor EEO, insurance, etc.
- Submit wage decision to Payroll
- Process/upload all Change Orders
- Prepare Field Files for Hand-off
- Job Billing – key in billing information in VP
- Subcontractor Billing – key in billing information into VP and advance for payment
- Submit information to A/P for PO generation.
- Submit certified payrolls to Engineer as needed
- Obtain appropriate approval at each step to ensure SOX compliance.
- Work with Environmental to ensure SWPPP is prepared and submitted
- Issue community notices.
- Prepare T&M billings
- Secure bonds
- Other duties as assigned per supervisor.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree GED is preferred.
- One (1) to Two (2) years previous related experience/training is preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have (or be able to quickly gain) knowledge of Internet software, Excel, Word, Outlook, and other job related software.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move from 10 to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
HK Contractors is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.