Controller- Grand Junction,CO Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Grand Junction, CO 81505, US
Finance & Accounting
This position offers a diverse set of responsibilities and will work alongside senior management on various issues and projects. The candidate must be a skilled financial professional who understands business, operations, and financial processes; has the ability to integrate finance and operations and can collaborate with operational leadership. Core behavioral characteristics we seek include being a partner to business managers; implementing analytical decision-making in the business; and proactively finding opportunities and recommending ideas for increased profitability. Must possess leadership qualities; treats others with respect, sets a positive tone, and demonstrates patience and calmness when handling adversity.
- Recommend, lead and/or assist with new efforts to improve management and financial performance.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place and maintained to safeguard financial assets. This includes all SOX controls and Americas Materials accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting to region finance team and CRH Americas Materials
- Lead and develop accounting staff while maintaining good working relations with managers from all lines of business.
- Work with GM, controllers, & senior management on financial analysis, CAPEX requests, budgets, and forecasts
- Perform and review balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis to confirm proper reconciliation and supporting backup.
- Conduct analysis/review of P&L accounts to support the month end process along with cost analysis and evaluation.
- Coordinate with departments and employees performing financial reporting, payables, billing, collections, and payroll.
- Creations and execution of the accounting staff’s development goals, professional growth, and succession planning
- Coordinate with AMAT and Region requests/documentation related to external and internal audits.
- Work on ad hoc projects as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience; CMA, CPA, or MBA preferred
- Manufacturing and/or construction background along with multi-unit operations is highly desired.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and to work with teams as both a leader and a participant.
- Solid values and high standards of ethics, integrity, and trust
- Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills
- Unyielding orientation for action and driven for results
- Strong project management skills including the ability to prioritize among multiple requirements and deadlines
- Effective oral/written communication, presentation and listening skills
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and facilitate change
- Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited to: computers, telephones, copiers, ten key adding machine, printers, etc.
- Ability to communicate with others via telephone and in person
- Ability to utilize a computer for email communication and preparation of documents, worksheets and presentations
- Travel approximately 20%
- Standard office environment
- May require sitting for extended periods of time
- May require periodically lifting objects up to 30 lbs
- Temp is fast paced with deadlines
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be moderate
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
United Companies, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.