Credit and Collections Lead - Los Angeles, CA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Los Angeles, CA 90058, US
Finance & Accounting
This position is responsible for the management and direction of our Credit and Collections department and ensuring business targets related to trade working capital, DSO, and bad debt are met.
• Monitor accounts receivable balances and assist with the collection of specific key accounts and high- risk customers.
• Serve as a point of escalation for all past due problem accounts, credit hold decisions, and disputes
• Prepare customer aging reports
• Respond to inquiries from customers, and research/resolve outstanding credit issues
• Review A/R ledger and hold daily or weekly touchpoints to discuss problem accounts with team
• Monitor bond and lien rights, always ensuring to minimize risk exposure
• Review and approve lien waiver requests from customers
• Assists with training, development, and on-boarding of Credit and Collections Specialists, fielding questions and providing guidance, support, and direction on issues or problems relative to collections and/or deductions.
• Partner with stakeholders to implement actions that optimize collection efforts
• Leverage the use of Dunn & Bradstreet to access reports and metrics to assist in determining credit worthiness of existing and potential customers that represents the appropriate level of risk for the company
• Support ERP and technology upgrade projects related to credit, collections, and A/R as required
• Ensure credit practices, policies, and controls are established and maintained
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
To be considered for a Credit Lead
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or exhibit the appropriate level of financial acumen, business operational knowledge, and have 5+ years of Credit and Collections Experience in the construction industry.
• Experience with Construction and Lien Laws a plus
• Ability to work in a fast-paced constantly changing environment
• Ability to handle, take the pressure, and be able to provide results
• Open and adaptable to change and willing to learn new skills
• Personable and easy to approach with a positive, upbeat attitude and mindset
• Possess excellent organizational skills, aptitude to focus on tasks until complete, and ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
• Dedication to accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to effectively follow-up on pending issues
• Proficient in PC skills, accounting software, Internet-based programs, MS Office Suite
• SAP Experience and California Notary Certification a plus
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is an E-Verify Employer.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.