Credit and Collections Specialist - Los Angeles, CA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Los Angeles, CA 90058, US
Finance & Accounting
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual with a minimum of 5 years of Accounts Receivable and Collection experience who will take full ownership of the Credit & Collections position. Applicant will be responsible for tracking and resolving outstanding payment issues and generate weekly aging reports in a timely manner. Candidate must have knowledge of general accounting principles and SOX regulations. Applicant must be proficient at MS Office (especially Excel). Prior experience with SAP and California Notary Certification a plus. The applicant should display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and multitask and be a strong communicator.
• Set up new customers, review credit
• Make daily collection calls
• Conduct account research and analysis
• Prepare and maintain various reports
• Send statements to customers
• Interact with customers to resolve outstanding issues
• Prepare collection letters, notice of intent to lien, and lien documents as required
• Verify credit history information for new accounts
• Recommend customer credit limits and credit status
• Monitor customer credit worthiness and change status on customer master accordingly
• Respond to all customer inquiries relating to credit
• Inquire as to problems or delays with payment of delinquent invoices
• Reconcile customer A/R accounts as needed
• Maintain and resolve Email requests. (waivers, billing issues, short pays, references, etc)
• Work with attorneys on collection issues
• Setting up Lien's and Lien release experience is a plus
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers and salespeople
• Ability to take detailed direction and follow through as instructed. Ability to handle large quantity of work with minimal mistakes
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is an E-Verify Employer.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.