Customer Service Representative and Dispatcher Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Salem, OR 97302, US
- Excellent organizational, customer service, and telephone skills.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task with high attention to detail and prioritize workloads in a fast-paced environment both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to always display a professional and courteous attitude when communicating with co-workers, supervisors, and the public.
- Ability to handle problems as they arise in a calm manner.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute, rate, ration, percent, land to draw, and interpret bar graphs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows applications, ideally having exceptional typing skills, and a basic understanding of various computer commands and shortcuts.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance, attendance, and punctuality.
- Must pass pre-employment physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing.
- Demonstrates the ability to work overtime, nights, and weekends/holidays as needed.
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations.
- Must have current US Authorization to work or ability to obtain without company assistance prior to start date.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) - Ability to speak, read and write fluently.
- Trucking and construction related industry experience.
- Customer service and keeping up customer relationships is very important to you.
- You are confident in your ability to articulate and enjoy creative problem solving to help fill a customer’s needs.
- You shine in an organized, fast-paced environment.
- You possess strong analytical skills and a keen attention to detail and use the resources available to you.
- You enjoy scheduling and communication with both internal and external customers.
- You don’t mind occasional travel to assist the business at various job sites located in the Salem, Corvallis, and Eugene areas.
- You want a career with expansive growth potential, and you’re motivated to learn the ins-and-outs of the business to watch your career soar. Once you've gained a solid understanding of our business (which we will help you learn after starting), you'll have the opportunity to chart your career path. Whether you choose to specialize as a dispatcher or explore opportunities across different departments including sales, we empower you to take control of your career growth.
- Intake and verify orders via centralized call center.
- Must be able to perform in high call volume situations while multitasking with plants, team members in the office while sitting for long periods of time.
- Maintain a pleasant and accommodating demeanor over the phone and always demonstrate positive and professional attitude with team members, customers, drivers, dispatchers, salesmen etc.
- Aggressively seek timely solutions to developing problems while fostering lasting business relationships with our customers.
- Schedule, dispatch, and control the appropriate level of drivers required to satisfy customer demand while maintaining safety and efficiency goals established by the company.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to navigate various computer systems. Needs to be familiar with our local delivery areas and must be able to assist drivers in finding jobsites.
- Must be able to work overtime and varying shifts including early mornings, late afternoons, and Saturdays.
- Record accurate delivery and product information on order; negotiate delivery times with customers.
- Attention to detail is imperative to accurately record delivery and product information into command dispatch system with ability to negotiate delivery times with customers.
- Promptly communicate with supervisors on any flaws in material.
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k with Roth option & 5% Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- 9 Paid Holidays (8 Static and 1 Floating)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Potential for Overtime
- Opportunities for Internal Mobility
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Training Provided
- Earn More with our Employee Referral Program
- Company Discounts on products, goods, services, electronics, automotive, travel & more!
- Opportunities for Community Engagement.
- Office setting
- This position is largely sedentary; however, caution needs to be taken when lifting files, boxes, opening file cabinet drawers.
- To avoid injuries to hands, back, and neck, proper ergonomics should be maintained while working at desk/workstation.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
RiverBend Materials, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.