Diesel Mechanic - South Sioux City, NE Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
South Sioux City, NE 68776, US
Maintains diesel Trucks and equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies and making adjustments.
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing annual procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics, making adjustments, valve adjustments, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, using a torch and welding or other fabrication and all other duties as assigned.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and other means of testing.
- Maintains vehicle records by creating work order service and repairs tickets.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns, performing preventive maintenance, following lock out tag out procedures and additional safety measures.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have own tools, Verifiable Mechanical experience:
- Must have or be willing to get AC Certification
- Willing to obtain Brake Certification
- Willing to obtain Annual Inspection Certification
- Able to communicate with others.
- Position will occasionally require climbing of ladders and steps.
- Required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Siouxland Concrete Company, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.