Diesel Mechanic - Waterloo, NE Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Waterloo, NE 68069, US
Lyman-Richey Sand & Gravel Company, A CRH Company, has been supplying aggregate materials for construction and development projects for more than 130 years. What began with a single clamshell dredge and a horse and wagon has evolved into a large-scale production and trucking business with several plants in the Omaha metro area along Nebraska’s Platte River.
Maintains diesel Trucks and equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies and making adjustments. Completes all job duties while following all workplace safety rules.
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing annual procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics, making adjustments, valve adjustments, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, using a torch and welding or other fabrication and all other duties as assigned.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and other means of testing.
- Maintains vehicle records by creating work order service and repairs tickets.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns, performing preventive maintenance, following lock out tag out procedures and additional safety measures.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have own tools
- Must have or be willing to get AC Certification
- Willing to obtain Brake Certification
- Willing to obtain Annual Inspection Certification
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Report to the plant dressed appropriately and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work independently within a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to grasp, finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms
- stand; walk; climb or balance and talk or hear
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Lyman-Richey Sand & Gravel Company, A CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.