Director of Operations- Salt Lake City, UT Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Ogden, UT 84404, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
- This is a newly created, key leadership position for Oldcastle Infrastructure that can sit out of Phoenix, AZ, Salt Lake City, UT, or Denver, CO. This role will report to an Area General Manager and will optimize our value stream, ensuring engineering and manufacturing excellence while optimizing our value stream for our customers.
- This position typically has 3-5 direct reports (Engineering Managers and Plant Managers). Coaching and developing talent is critical to success in this role.
- In this role, you will ensure our customer demands are met or exceeded by ensuring cost effective and operationally sound manufacturing of our products.
- You will lead a team of engineers and plant managers, coaching them to collaborate effectively to reduce costs and optimize production.
- This role ensures all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in alignment with Oldcastle operational excellence strategic objectives.
- You will be accountable to the overall engineering and operational budget and costs.
- You will pursue an area/regional model for using engineering resources.
- This role combines engineering and manufacturing functional strategies to achieve objectives.
- Development of strategy and long-term improvement plans for manufacturing plants to include automation and equipment improvements
- In-depth P&L analytical capabilities
- Freight and transportation logistics
- Capex purchasing, installations and payback tracking
- Major project management / large capex evaluation and management
Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies
- Lean manufacturing
- Six SIGMA methodologies
- Strategic long term plan (5-year) by plant for automation and other equipment.
- Operational Excellence initiatives
- Manufacturing Productivity
- Controlling input (materials, etc.), labor and freight costs
- Optimizing lead times
- Man Hours/Ton; OPC management
- 20% YOY reduction of MH/T for like product lines
- Customer Service level (OTD and fill rate)
- First pass yield
- Overtime %
- 30% YOY Increase in turns per truck
- Training programs for leads implemented
- Leadership Maturity
- Leadership Communication
- Organizational Savvy
- Deliberative Decision Making
- Strategic Thinking
- Leading Change
- Strategic Talent Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business; Master’s Degree Preferred
- 5+ years of managerial experience
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.