Dirt Crew Foreperson Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Muskogee, OK 74401, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
- Receive daily specific instructions from a Project Superintendent
- Schedule the mobilization of needed equipment
- Supervise/ coordinate, train, and coach assigned personnel in the completion of jobs and daily work duties
- Read plans and set engineering grade stakes to guide equipment operators
- Supervise equipment operators and laborers to ensure that work is being done according to the field layout and the plans
- Supervise personnel to assure proper compaction is obtained on the soil or base
- Perform the duties of a heavy equipment operator when necessary
- Perform the duties of a construction worker/ laborer when necessary
- Notify the Project Superintendent when conditions on the job change causing a variation to previous instruction. (Approval should be received from the Superintendent before adjusting plans)
- Ensure that employees operate and maintain equipment properly
- Notify the shop of equipment mechanical issues
- Lead crew in our safety culture and help ensure a safe working environment
- Maintain time and material records necessary for completing daily job costing
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to perform essential job functions with/ without reasonable accommodation.
- Be knowledgeable of materials and equipment needed to perform tasks.
- Be able to read plans and specifications
- Mathematical understanding in order to calculate grades, slopes, dumps, etc.
- Related experience in construction field, minimum 5 years (desired)
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Be able to work long hours when required.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be able to complete safe driver training, possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- May be required to have or acquire a CDL as necessary
- Be at least age 18 years of age.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Applications with the ability to learn new software systems as needed.
- Be able to communicate appropriately with direct reports, co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
- Ability to use decision making skills for cost effective solutions on jobs in the absence of a superintendent
- Majority of work will be performed outside in conditions that may be extreme in temperature and condition.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.