Distributor Driver Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Ogden, UT 84401, US
This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of an asphalt distributor truck. Drivers will deliver and spray all types of asphalt oils and emulsions for paving crews and chipping crews.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Responsibilities)
•Thorough operational knowledge and skills of distributor trucks and related equipment to be operated.
•Can operate equipment safely and efficiently.
•Must keep time and material records.
•Must follow verbal and written instructions.
•Knowledge of different types of asphalt oils and emulsions.
•Must have maneuvering and backing skills.
•Must be able to communicate effectively on the radio system.
•Must be able to do minor mechanical adjustments to equipment.
•May perform other related duties such as shovel work, setting string line, operating a power broom.
•Must have knowledge of loading protocol at oil distribution facilities.Must have Class A CDL with tanker endorsements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Any requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
•High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
•Ability to communicate using two-way radio.
•Basic math is required.
•Basic computer skills are preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
•Must possess a valid state commercial driver's license (CDL) Class A with Tank and Hazmat endorsements.
Other Skills and Abilities
When not operating the distributor truck the employee could be operating an end dump with or without a pup.
Applicant must have a clean driving record and a current DOT Medical Card.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee must be willing to do shift work and travel to various work location.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Staker Parson Companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.