Distributor Operator - HK Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Idaho Falls, ID 83402, US
Forklift, Equipment and Machine Operators
- Prior experience operating an Asphalt Distributor Truck preferred
- Set spray bar on manual, automatic, or semi-automatic distributors for applying liquid asphalt.
- May oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to equipment.
- Possess a solid understanding of all aspects of the paving industry including preparatory work, grades, drainage, paving patterns, aggregate size, job specifications, oil consistencies, compaction and other details related to asphalt paving.
- The operator is responsible for the efficient working condition of the equipment and is expected to perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor
- May perform other related duties such as shovel work, setting string line, adding or removing screed extensions.
- Must have the following Commercial Drivers’ License and necessary endorsements in accordance with 49 CFR 383.91: heavy straight vehicle (Group B). Air brake skills test required for all vehicles that have air brakes.
- Employee must meet the Idaho Materials & Construction Driver Qualification Standards and have HAZMAT endorsement.
- Must pass DOT physical/drug screen
- The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Knowledge in operating heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in construction.
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations and construction sites.
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a variety of working conditions.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records, and read blueprints or other project documents.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate heavy and complex equipment requiring skill and the exercise of independent judgment.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders and to work at heights.
- Able to move/carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
HK Contractors is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.