Driver Class A - Fremont, CA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fremont, CA 94538, US
- At least 21 years old.
- A valid driver’s license issued by the state of residence to operate the type of equipment the applicant will be driving.
- Ability to obtain a medical examiner’s certificate of physical qualification.
- At least two (2) years of verifiable, incident-free driving experience in the last 5 years.
- Ability to determine whether the transported cargo is properly located, distributed and secured on the vehicle. Is familiar with methods and procedures for securing cargo in or on the Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV).
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public as well as law enforcement, to understand traffic signals, signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquires, and make entries on reports and records.
- By reason of experience, training, or both safely operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV).
- Ability to determine whether transported cargo is properly located distributed and secured on the vehicle. Is familiar with methods and procedures for securing cargo in or on the Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV).
- Ability to handle varying road, traffic and weather conditions is mandatory.
- Satisfy all federal, state, and local government requirements.
- Good customer relations skills
- Operation of hand held scanners and electronic logging devices are required.
- Ability to pass pre-employment screening including drug/alcohol test, previous employer and criminal background checks.
- Acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR) as dictated in the company standards document.
- Personal Protective Equipment – Back Belt, Safety Glasses, Steel Toe Shoes, Cut Resistant Gloves, Cut Resistant Outerwear
- Hazards - Exposure to Excessive Noise, Strain/Sprain, Laceration/Puncture, Contusion, Operating Motor Vehicle, Operation of Foot Controls, Operation of Hand Controls, Slipping, Climbing, Heavy lifting
- Controls - Personal Protective Equipment, Safety Training, Written Procedures
- Various types of weather, traffic, and road conditions.
- Normal climate conditions of the region will also be present such as humidity, heat, and cold.
- Noise levels in the work environment (in truck or plant facility) can be moderate to high.
- Plant facility environment is subject to unusually warm temperatures during the summer months due to the heat generated by the glass tempering furnaces
- With the plant facility, while the odors from glass cleaning, sealants, and other products are within acceptable levels, they nevertheless, can be smelled. Dust, pollen and other typical airborne particulate matter are also present within the atmosphere within the plant facility.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.