Driver Helper, Shipping Department Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Phoenix, AZ 85009, US
The role of the driver helper is to assist the driver with the product to be delivered by using the shipment documentation. Unload glass and aluminum up to 75lbs, and assist with lifting and carrying glass and aluminum products up to 150 lbs.
- Safety is a requirement of employment. Must have attended the safety program(s).
- Must be punctual
- Must know the process, if absent, to personally call his supervisor.
- Able to tolerate seasonal weather changes
- Team player. Willing to be trained to work in other areas, if needed
- Show courtesy to those around him, especially the customer (truck drivers)
- Able to lift 75 pounds.
- It is the responsibility of the helper to assist the driver as needed. Including guiding the driver while backing and leaving the building
- Check the equipment to be used to make sure it is in the best working order.
- Determine the best means for unloading product.
- Be aware of the surroundings, paying special attention to the other employees and customers in the working or loading/unloading area
- Confirm that the number on the shipping documentation is the one to being unloaded.
- Follow instructions given by the driver.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.